DAMIEN FOUNDATION (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is supporting the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As the Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme across the 20 Local Government Areas in the State.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the Global Fund TB Grant program in Lagos State, Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is seeking for qualified person to fill up the position below.
Position: 1. Internal Auditor (Lagos TB Grant)
Experience: 2-5 years working on Global Fund and TB related projects
Organizational Unit: Finance Department and Administrative Department
Location: Lagos State
Experience: 3-5 years
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Main responsibility is to review and improve project financial control and project risk management processes. This is to ensure the existence and effectiveness of internal controls, the reliability and integrity of financial & operational information, regular compliance with Global Fund policies, instructions & guidelines, as well as donor rules.
- Ensure the implementation of internal audit approach/plan for the project, monitor objectives and revise as appropriate;
- Identify potential risk areas in the course of audits and investigations.
- Ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with Global Fund policies and financial regulations by pointing out exceptions;
- Prepare annual audit plan and audit calendar;
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity;
- Verify and check all supporting documents for purpose, value for money, eligibility and appropriate authorization;
- Check and ensure that relevant processes are followed for procurements;
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances;
- Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash, vehicles and health commodities;
- Perform investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations and complete special projects as assigned;
- Assist in external audit assignments of internal control and substantive testing accurately as requested, completely and in a timely manner.
- A minimum of HND/ B.Sc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA/ICAN.
- Must also have at least three years relevant working experience with reputable audit firms with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems of non-governmental organizations, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donors such as Global Fund.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply
Kindly note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date
29th May 2022.